This scheme enables member societies and other Asia-Pacific organisations to organise neuroscience schools and provide learning platforms for young neuroscientists at different stages of their career.
Three tiers are funded:
- associate schools – must take place over a period of at least five days and accommodate 20 to 40 students. Students must be enrolled in a MBBS, MSc or PhD programme;
- schools – must take place over two weeks and accommodate 20 to 30 senior PhD students or postdoctoral researchers who have had adequate exposure to at least one research technique during their graduate studies and have at least one publication;
- advanced schools – must take place over 10 days and accommodate 10 senior postdocs or junior faculty who have had thorough research training and strong publication records, and of whom at least five are international.
Funding & Duration
Grants are each worth up to USD $40,000 (approx. AUD $54,000) for schools and advanced schools provided that organisers can provide matching funds from local sources. Grants for associate schools are worth up to USD $20,000 (approx. AUD $27,000) each.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 August 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review