The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to address the needs of the maternal and pediatric HIV scientific community for research data translation and sharing. This initiative will support secondary data analyses using archived HIV/AIDS data and specimens to generate new research questions and findings relevant to the scientific mission and priorities of the NICHD, Maternal and Pediatric Infectious Disease Branch (MPIDB) and Office of AIDS Research (OAR).
The goal of this initiative is to encourage applicants to leverage existing datasets and employ new and advanced analysis techniques to answer scientific questions about the epidemiology, pathogenesis, treatment, clinical manifestations and complications of HIV/AIDS in maternal, pediatric and adolescent populations.
- This opportunity uses the R21 Exploratory/Developmental Research Grants funding mechanism.
- Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) Number: RFA-HD-19-018
Funding & Duration
Direct costs are limited to USD $275,000 (approx. AUD $370,000) over a two-year period, with no more than USD $200,000 (approx. AUD $269,000) in direct cost in any year.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications submitted for internal review by 26 July 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review