The overall goal of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to encourage the submission of research grant applications to investigate the molecular mechanisms by which oncogenic fusion genes and their gene products contribute to paediatric sarcoma initiation, progression, and metastasis. Better understanding of the molecular pathways activated by chromosomal translocations in pediatric sarcomas, and their relationship to oncogenesis and tumour progression, can elucidate mechanisms of cancer pathogenesis and potentially lead to novel therapeutics.
- Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) Number: PA-16-251
- This opportunity uses the R21 Exploratory/Developmental Research Grants funding mechanism.
Funding & Duration
Application budgets are not limited but need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project.
The maximum project period is 5 years.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 2 October 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review