This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) establishes an accelerated review/award process to support time-sensitive research to evaluate a new policy or program that is likely to influence obesity related behaviours (e.g., dietary intake, physical activity, or sedentary behaviour) and/or weight outcomes in an effort to prevent or reduce obesity.
This FOA is intended to support research where opportunities for empirical study are, by their very nature, only available through expedited review and funding.
- This opportunity uses the R01 Research Project Grant funding mechanism.
- Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) Number: PAR-18-854
Funding & Duration
Application budgets are not limited but need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project.
The maximum project period is 5 years.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
All applications submitted to this FOA must demonstrate that the evaluation of an obesity related policy and /or program offers an uncommon and scientifically compelling research opportunity that will only be available if the research is initiated with minimum delay. For these reasons, applications submitted to this time-sensitive FOA are not eligible for re-submission. It is intended that eligible applications selected for funding will be awarded within 4 months of the application due date. However, administrative requirements and other unforeseen circumstances may delay issuance dates beyond that timeline.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 30 August 2018
- Please note: monthly recurring deadlines until 2021.
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review