The University of Adelaide’s Vice-Chancellor, in partnership with the Gender, Equity and Diversity Committee and the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Research), established the Academic Women’s Research Excellence Awards (WREA) in 2015 to recognise, celebrate, and promote academic women’s research excellence at early career and mid-level career levels at the University of Adelaide.
In 2018 there will be up to twelve (12) awards (valued at $5,000 each).
You must be an early-career researcher (Academic levels A or B) or a mid-career researcher (Academic level C) employed by the University of Adelaide, either on a fixed-term contract or on a continuing basis. Casual staff are not eligible. 2016 and 2017 Awardees of the WREA are not eligible to apply in 2018.
- Demonstrated evidence of research excellence and impact.
- A clear strategy for using the award to further your research career.
- Research productivity within the last five years relative to opportunity.
Applications must state at which Academic level they are employed and include:
- A CV, including details of career path (2 page maximum);
- A one-page description of your creative/research scholarship and its impact within the last three years;
- A list of publications or equivalent scholarly products since 2013 (with an explanation of the quality and rank of your publications/scholarly products in relation to your discipline);
- One page description of how the award will further your research; and
- A statement of support signed by your Head of School.
- Applications must be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Women’s Research Excellence Awards’.
Timeline for Applications
- Application closing date: COB Friday 31 August 2018
- Expected notification of award: End of September 2018
Assessment of Applications and Feedback
A panel of selected members from each Faculty will assess applications. Awards will be determined at each Academic Level based on the criteria. General feedback about the round will be provided to applicants at the close of the process.
Download a copy of the WREA Guidelines WREA Guidelines [PDF]
For all enquiries, please email Dale Godfrey (firstname.lastname@example.org).