The following project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 754380.
Research Leaders 2025 is an innovative fellowship scheme focused on developing the next generation of research leaders in the agri-food domain.
Applications are sought from experienced researchers (with PhD or four years full time research experience) in combination with host organisations worldwide (research, industry or civil society organisations/NGOs).
Fellowship Features, Funding, and Duration
- Fellowships will have a duration of 36 months, including 18 months outside of Ireland, followed by a “return phase” to Teagasc in Ireland for a further 18 months.
- The fellowships will be researcher-led, so the applicant will be free to choose the research topic, the outgoing host organisation and the supervisor in Teagasc for the return phase.
- There will be a strong focus on career development, with dedicated career mentors for each fellow; a management training course; annual retreats with career presentations from leaders in academia, industry and civil society organisations; and transferable skills training.
- There will also be the option to undertake a secondment to the non-academic sector (e.g., industry or civil society organisations/NGOs).
- There will be a gross annual salary of €51,717 (approx. AUD $81,500) in absence of family allowance) OR €56,306 (approx. AUD $88,700) if family allowance is paid. Research expenses will also be available.
- The program aims to address the ‘leaky pipeline’ whereby the higher levels of research shows a gender imbalance. Review cohorts will be gender balanced, applicants that have taken a career break will not be disadvantaged, female fellows will be facilitated in finding female career mentors and paid maternity leave (with extensions to the fellowships) will be available.
Applications are sought from experienced researchers (with PhD or four years full time research experience).
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 1 October 2018 – Expressions of Interest submitted to Sponsor
- 13 November 2018 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review