The Foundation invites applications from early career researchers for project grants designed to enable recipients of the award to take ownership of a discreet research project and to provide a stepping stone towards independence.
The proposed research must be carried out in Australia and aim to improve our understanding of a disease/condition in one the following areas of medical research:
- Brain Sciences: Psychiatry or Neurology (excluding Dementias)
- Endocrinology (excluding Diabetes)
- Geriatrics (excluding Dementias)
- Lung Disease (other than Cancer)
- Vision Sciences
Dermatology (excluding skin cancer)
Please note that research projects on public health matters are not eligible for funding.
Funding & Duration
The award will provide $50,000 per year for two years, commencing in 2019. Funding cannot be used to fund salary, salary-related on-costs, or Institutional infrastructure.
- be a qualified MD or have a PhD in medicine related field of science (a MBBS or Masters degrees alone will not be recognised);
- have received formal notification of passing your PhD/MD on or after 1 January 2008 and before or on 31 December 2012, unless career disruptions exist. (NB, the date of degree conferral is not to be
Please refer to the Guidelines [PDF] for further details.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 August 2018
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster > Fund Scheme code 513511
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review