Applications are now open for the following 2019 Stroke Foundation Grants.
Early Career Researcher Seed Grants
Four (4) Seed Grants of up to $50,000 available to early career researchers, addressing (at least) one of the following Stroke Foundation 2019 Research Priority Areas for Early Career Seed Grants:
- long term community support (e.g. continuity of care, and health services).
- interventions for long term (beyond 6 months) physical and psychosocial recovery (i.e. recovery of cognition, communication, and emotional, social and physical function).
- improved Quality Standards of acute stroke care, including access to stroke unit care and time critical treatment (i.e. translation into practice).
- support for Carers (training, ongoing support)
These grants are offered to conduct pilot or feasibility studies that will be used to inform a larger nationally competitive grant submission (eg. NHMRC project grants).
Inaugural Tim Glendinning Memorial Research Grant
One (1) Seed Grant of up to $50,000 available to researchers of any career stage to address research focused on “Identifying the issues which are important to young adult stroke survivors (particularly those who experienced a stroke aged 18 – 35 years) and their families, from a consumer perspective.”
Inaugural Gavin Paul Bennier Memorial Research Grant
One (1) grant of up to $240,000 over three (3) years available to researchers of any career stage to address research in Australia focused on “The early diagnosis, treatment, prevention and cure of Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy (CAA) induced stroke in younger people.”
- 2019 Gavin Paul Bennier Memorial Grant 3 Year Grant Application Form*
*Note: this form has been updated to allow up to 8 pages in length for Section One: Research Plan, and more space for publications and track record.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 31 August 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review