The goal of this program is to foster innovative, military relevant research in the following areas:
- mitigation and treatment of traumatic injuries, war related injuries and diseases to the ocular structure and visual system;
- mitigation and treatment of visual dysfunction associated with traumatic brain injury (TBI);
- ocular and visual systems diagnostic capabilities and assessment strategies;
- protection and prevention strategies;
- vision rehabilitation strategies and quality of life measures;
- epidemiological studies of military eye trauma and TBI related vision dysfunction;
- vision restoration;
- vision care education, training and simulation; and
- warfighter vision readiness and enhancement.
Focused Translational Team Science Award (FTTSA)
This award supports highly collaborative and translational team initiatives that would fundamentally advance the understanding and treatment of military-relevant vision trauma. Emphasis is on synergy, translational potential, and strategy to transition findings into products.
- Eligibility: PIs must be independent investigators at or above the level of Associate Professor (or equivalent) with experience in developing and running large-scale initiatives.
Co-investigators may be independent investigators at all academic levels (or equivalent).
- Funding: Maximum funding of US $5M (approx. AUD $6.63M) for direct costs (plus indirect costs)
- Duration: Up to 4 years
Investigator Initiated Research Award (IIRA)
Supports basic and applied research addressing key challenges to advancing understanding and treatment of military-relevant vision trauma. Emphasis is on impact and innovation.
- Eligibility: Independent investigators at all academic levels (or equivalent).
- Funding: Maximum funding of US $500,000 (approx. AUD $663,300) for direct costs (plus indirect costs)
- Duration: Up to 3 years
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 4 September 2018 – pre-proposal submitted via eBRAP.org
- 20 November 2018 – full applications (by invitation only) submitted to Research Services internal review.
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- Requests for email notification of the Program Announcement(s) set to help@eBRAP.org
- Sponsor contact to discuss this Program – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the website for this Program
Contact Research Services
For support with your application, please email email@example.com