The Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research invites pre-proposals for its therapeutic pipeline programme. This supports Parkinson’s disease therapeutic development along the preclinical and clinical path. Applications should have the potential to fundamentally alter disease course or significantly improve treatment of symptoms above and beyond current standards of care.
Proposals may aim to achieve any of the following:
- alleviate motor symptoms of PD;
- alleviate non-motor symptoms of PD;
- reduce complications and side effects of current PD treatments.
Funding & Duration
Grants for preclinical research are worth between USD $100,000 and $500,000 each (approx. AUD $135,000 and $676,000) for one to two years, while grants for clinical research are worth between USD $1M and USD 2M each (approx. AUD $1.35M and $2.7M) for between two and three years.
Eligible applicants include industry and academic investigators proposing novel approaches or repositioning approved or clinically safe therapies from non-PD indications.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 26 September 2018 – Pre-Proposals submitted to Sponsor
- 15 January 2019 – full applications submitted for internal review
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster > Fund Scheme code ORG122461
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review