The US Department of Defense invites applications for its broad agency announcement for extramural biomedical research and development. This aims to identify and develop techniques, knowledge products, and materiel for early intervention in life-threatening injuries, prolonged field care, human performance optimisation, and canine medicine. The proposed research must be relevant to active duty service members, veterans, military beneficiaries, or the American public. Applications must address a relevant health problem responsive to one of the research areas of interest, which include:
- damage control resuscitation;
- prolonged field care;
- portable lab assays and diagnostics;
- force health protection and environmental medicine;
- medical simulation and training technologies;
- human performance optimisation;
- canine medicine.
Funding & Duration
Funding is worth up to USD $1.5M per grant (approx. AUD $2.024M). Projects may last up to two years.
National, international, for-profit, non-profit, public and private organisations are eligible. Small businesses are encouraged to apply. Investigators may hold any nationality, providing they are affiliated with an eligible organisation.
- Applications may be submitted at any time until July 2023
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review