The EMCR Fellowships provide support for Australian researchers to travel to India and work with leading researchers at major Indian science and technology organisations for a period of between 3 and 9 months.
They are intended to facilitate long-term science, technology and innovation collaboration between Australia and India by:
- developing researchers’ expertise in international collaboration and fostering long-term relationships between Australian and Indian researchers
- increasing Australian researchers’ understanding of Indian culture, particularly the science and research practices and systems
- developing the researchers’ leadership skills as future ‘science ambassadors’ for Australia
- providing a catalyst for future Australia–India research collaboration.
Funding & Duration
Successful applicants may receive from the Academy a grant-in-aid of up to the value of AUD $16,500 towards the cost of:
- an international economy class airfare from Australia to the international airport closest to the host institute (up to a maximum of $2,500)
- a once-off allowance for travel and medical insurances and visa costs (up to a maximum of $1,000)
- a once-off allowance for travel within India for research-related activities, including attending conferences (up to a maximum of $1,000)
- a monthly living allowance of $4,000 per month (up to a total maximum of $12,000 for 3 months).
Travel must commence after 1 January 2019 and must be for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 3 months in duration. All travel must be completed by 30 November 2019.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident, living in Australia, and be employed as a scientist/faculty member of an eligible research organisation, at the time of submitting the grant application.
Candidates should have between 3 and 10 years of research experience since the award of the PhD degree or equivalent, with the degree having been conferred no more than 15 years prior to submitting the grant application and be research active in any field of the natural sciences (basic and applied), engineering science, mathematics, statistics, and health.
Candidates engaged in multidisciplinary research are invited to apply but should note that proposals for research solely in the humanities, social or behavioural sciences are not eligible.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 5 September 2018
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster and when prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code FND000170
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review