The Alzheimer’s Disease Research Program offers two types of Awards, listed below.
The standard award provides significant funding for researchers who have already generated some amount of preliminary data, but are often required to demonstrate additional, significant progress before they can apply to governmental or industrial funding agencies.
- Award Amount: USD $300,000 (approx. AUD $413,000)
- Duration: 3 years
- Eligibility: The Principal Investigator (PI) position on BrightFocus Standard Awards are open to tenure- and non-tenure track investigators of any career stage who are appropriately trained to lead an independent research study, and are permitted by their organisations to manage grants and supervise key personnel.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Awards
Postdoctoral fellowship awards are intended for young researchers in their final stages of mentored training. These awards fund projects in an established laboratory that will serve as the basis for the applicant’s own independent research career.
- Award Amount: USD $200,000 (approx. AUD $275,000)
- Duration: 2 years
- Eligibility: Young researchers in the final stages of mentored training may apply. Research must be carried out at a non-profit organisation or institution
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 25 September 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review