The Australian Academy of Science invites nominations from Australian-based early career researchers to attend the 69th Meeting of Nobel Laureates in Lindau (dedicated to physics), to be held in Lindau, Germany, 30 June – 5 July 2019.
Financial support is provided through the Science and Industry Endowment Fund.
Funding & Duration
The successful candidates will receive a grant-in-aid from the Academy up to $6,750 (GST exclusive) towards the cost of:
- an international return economy airfare from Australia to the international airport closest to Lindau (up to $3,500)
- participation (including accommodation) in the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting (up to $3,250).
All successful candidates are expected to attend the full program of events of the 69th Lindau Nobel Laureates Meeting
Ideal applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to their principal field of studies and to interdisciplinary work, for example by double degrees or interdisciplinary projects.
The application must be submitted by the Research Office (or equivalent) of the institution. Each institution is limited to applying for two grants on behalf of two early career researchers.
- Applications are open to eligible Australian-based early career researchers, specifically:
- applicants currently enrolled in a research higher degree* at an Australian University
- applicants who have (1) undertaken a research higher degree* and the applicant’s most recent higher degree has been conferred for less than three years and are (2) working in an Australian university, Australian publicly-funded research organisation or research-focused institution.
The above must be current at the date of the Lindau Meeting. Please note that selection will favour applicants currently undertaking doctoral studies or postdoctoral fellowships.
*Master of Philosophy (MPhil), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or a Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Applicants must be aged 35 years or younger at the time of the meeting.
- Applicants will not hold a permanent position (in particular professorships).
Submission Requirements & Due Date
Please note: each institution is limited to applying for two grants on behalf of two early career researchers.
Please notify Research Services you intent to apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 September 2018 stating:
- the name of researcher
- a paragraph of why they wish to attend and the importance and benefit of them attending.
Short-listed applicants will be notified to submit a full application.
- General enquiries: email@example.com