The European Chemical Industry Council, under its Long-range research initiative, invites applications for its grants. The programme aims to identify the hazards posed by chemicals and improve the methods available for assessing the associated risks.
Request for Proposals are currently sought in the following areas:
- ECO47 – Improving IVIVE extrapolation models to predict bioconcentration using in vitro biotransformation rates for bioaccumulation assessment in fish
- ECO48 – Develop fate and transport model for microplastics in the aquatic environment
- ECO49 – Evaluate factors that determine the environmental hazards of microplastics
- ECO50 – Getting Real: Assessing spatial and temporal variability in species assemblages and potential implications for chemical risk assessments
- EMSG59 – Species comparison in liver-mediated thyroid and thyroid-related toxicities
- C7 – The metabolic capacity of the gut microbiome
- B21 – Develop and parameterise PBPK models for inhalation exposure
Funding & Duration
Project costs are expected to be commensurate with project scope and should not exceed the budget indicated in the Request for Proposals listed above.
Proposals may be submitted by:
- any European or non-European, for-profit or non-profit organisation,
- public or private entities, such as universities, colleges, laboratories, and contract research organisations,
- units of national and local governments with the necessary laboratory facilities, and research cooperatives.
Collaborations between research institutions are encouraged.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted to the Sponsor by 2 September 2018
- Please email a copy of your application to email@example.com