Lung Foundation Australia invites applications for the Lizotte Family Research Award to assist research in interstitial pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
The research can relate to any aspect of IPF research including the molecular basis of the disease, its diagnosis and treatment, improved management and care and the evaluation of palliative strategies in the advanced disease setting.
Please note: these funds are to be used to support proof of concept or pilot research, or to fund travel or education with respect to increasing knowledge on IPF. In most cases, this grant in aid is not meant to provide sole support for the research activities, but instead act as seed money for developing projects (data collection) to the point of attracting additional external funding; or as a top up grant–in-aid to assist with undertaking a currently funded research project (for example: statistical review of a newly completed project, biostatistics, transcription, technical staff support, equipment/consumables).
Funding & Duration
Award valued at AUD $5,000.
Priority will be given to small projects (i.e. Pilot studies, data collection processes) which could be completed in a 12 month time frame.
The IPF Grant in Aid Award is open to any individual health care professional or scientist, who will undertake and publish a specific focused research project on Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis. The grant will be offered to early career researchers (ECR) who:
- Are undertaking advance training in any health or science discipline relevant to respiratory medicine research or a higher degree in an area directly relevant to respiratory research; or
- Have completed advanced training in any health or science discipline or graduated with a higher degree in an area directly related to respiratory research within the last five (5) years of the closing date for this application;
- Applications from early career researchers need to be supported by a senior investigator with a strong track research record in related field;
- Applicants must be health professional members of both Lung Foundation Australia and a member of TSANZ.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 14 September 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review