Sugar Research Australia (SRA) invests in and manages a portfolio of research, development and adoption (RD&A) projects that drive productivity, profitability and sustainability for the Australian sugarcane industry.
The purpose of the Research Awards is to support the professional development of researchers who provide services to our industry, and develop and evaluate innovative project ideas which may lead to future significant industry benefit. Anyone with a research concept that aligns to the purpose of these awards may apply for support.
Research Award funding can be used to support the following activities:
- Seed funding for a proof of concept activity.
- Development of local and international collaborations.
- Study opportunities through laboratory visits and work in overseas/national laboratories to acquire new skills.
Funding & Duration
SRA will support up to two Research Awards per year with individual project support capped at a maximum of AUD $20,000 per award. An individual will be restricted to one successful Research Award every three years.
- View the Application Guidelines for full eligibility criteria (DOC)
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 21 September 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com