This award is intended to help investigators pursue innovative and novel research in oral care, above and beyond the bounds of traditional dental research.
Value of the Award
Three competitive Award(s), of up to USD $50,000 each (approx. AUD $68,000), will be provided to recipients to advance oral care programs directed toward the development of innovative and novel compounds, biomaterials, or devices that can be used ultimately at the public health level.
Research Areas of Interest
Examples of areas of interest could include, but not be limited to:
- inhibition or removal of biofilms etc. adhering to natural or artificial surfaces,
- modification of those surfaces to inhibit biofilms and other deposits, stains and odors,
- adhesives for removable prosthetic devices,
- inhibition of tooth surface loss and gingival recession, and amelioration of their effects, and
- counteracting the oral effects of dry mouth, systemic illness, hormonal disturbances or physiological ageing.
The Award(s) will be provided in the form of an unrestricted research grant which carries no obligation to the recipient’s organisation for licensure, patenting, or transfer confidential information, although GSK may discuss the possibility of future collaboration with some applicants.
- The principal investigator listed in the application must be a current member of, or at the time of submission have made bona fide application to, IADR.
- To fulfill the quest for innovation, proposals should be collaboratively sponsored by at least one researcher whose principal expertise is in an area of biotechnology other than a dental science.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 7 December 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review