JDRF provides grants of up to $2,000 for domestic travel, and up to $4,000 for international travel to early stage scientists, mid-career researchers and allied health/nursing professionals. The awards are designed to provide funding for travel to research institutions or scientific meetings, for the purpose of furthering the recipient’s expertise in type 1 diabetes research or management.
Travel Grants Available
Three categories of Travel Grants are available:
Early Stage Scientist Travel Grants for medical and science graduates who are undertaking type 1 diabetes research, and researchers in the early stage of their career (PhD students or not more than 5 years post-doctoral as of the current Travel Grant round deadline).
Mid-Career Researcher Travel Grants to support mid-career medical or science researchers (more than five years post-doctoral as of the current Travel Grant round deadline) excluding associate professors and above, with no other access to travel funding.
To be eligible to apply for a mid-career researcher Travel Grant, the applicant is required to obtain a letter from their institution confirming that their institution does not provide travel funding for mid-career researchers. If you experience any difficulties in obtaining this letter, please contact Dr Julia Warning, Scientific Manager on (02) 9020 6105 to discuss.
A maximum of two mid-career researcher Travel Grants are awarded per round.
Allied Health and Nursing Travel Grants for allied health or nursing professionals or students, enrolled in a post graduate research program, whose research will impact on the lives of people with type 1 diabetes and their carers and families.
Applicants must be:
- Currently working at an Australian institution;
- Australian citizens or permanent/temporary residents currently residing in Australia.
Applicants must also be:
- Engaged with Australian diabetes research for more than 12 months; however, if this does not apply, contact Dr Julia Warning on (02) 9020 6105 to discuss possible eligibility.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 12 September 2018
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster > Fund Scheme code FND000346
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- Visit the website for this scheme for application forms and guidelines.