- Eligibility submission must be completed by 1 September
- Abstract due 17 September
About the Program
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Career Development Program (CDP) provides support for researchers investigating hematological malignancies and/or relevant pre-malignant conditions.
The Society offers career development awards to postdoctoral fellows and instructors, as well as early career, independent investigators.
The following awards are available based on the applicants level of experience:
For scholars conducting research in the field of haematological malignancies who hold an independent faculty-level or equivalent position and have obtained substantial support from a national agency.
- Funding & Duration: USD $110,000 (approx. AUD $150,000) per year for five years
Scholar in Clinical Research Award
For investigators who hold any permanent, independent clinical faculty-level appointment and who are not on a laboratory-based, tenured-track career path and who are conducting original, independent applied research;
- Funding & Duration: USD $125,000 (approx. AUD $170,000) per year for five years
Special Fellow Award
For investigators who have completed a minimum of two and a half years of postdoctoral training and continuing a mentored research position.
- Funding & Duration: USD $67,000 (approx. AUD $91,000) for two or three years
For investigators who have less than two and a half years of postdoctoral research training, to undertake an academic career involving clinical or fundamental research in haematological malignancies under a research sponsor’s direction.
- Funding & Duration: worth USD $60,000 (approx. AUD $82,000) per year for three years
US citizens, non-US citizens and people conducting research outside the US may apply. Applicants must hold a PhD, MD or DVM degree.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 1 September 2018 – Eligibility (submitted via LLS Research Portal)
- 17 September 2018 – Abstracts (submitted via LLS Research Portal)
- 26 September 2018 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster > Fund Scheme code FND000130
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review