The Melanoma Research Alliance invites proposals for its pilot awards. These support potentially transformative ideas in melanoma research.
Areas of specific interest are:
- identifying strategies to overcome resistance, treatment failure, or difficult-to-treat melanoma subtypes;
- informing logical and optimal combination therapies, therapeutic sequences, or treatment regimens;
- developing strategies to prevent or treat metastatic disease;
- identifying identifying markers of response, resistance, or risk of recurrence or death;
- improving prevention and early detection strategies by understanding the biological basis for melanoma formation or developing new diagnostic approaches.
Funding & Duration
Awards are worth up to USD $50,000 (approx. AUD $68,000) each per year, for two years.
Primary Investigators (PIs) must hold a full-time faculty appointment at the level of assistant professor or equivalent or above at an academic or other non-profit research institution within or outside the US. Scientists employed by government agencies may serve as co-investigators or collaborators, but may not be PIs. PIs must be more than four years after appointment to their current position.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 26 October 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review