The Wellcome Trust Climate Change and Health Awards support researchers who want to explore the links between people’s health and a changing climate.
Proposals must focus on one or more of the following areas:
- developing tools, data sources and other resources to support research into climate change and health;
- assessing the health co-benefits of actions to mitigate climate change;
- assessing the health impacts of actions to adapt to climate change.
Funding & Duration
Awards are worth £100,000 to £500,000 (approx. AUD $175,000 to $877,000) for a duration of three years, but up to £1 million (approx. AUD $1.75M) may be provided in exceptional circumstances.
The awards are open to individuals or teams of up to 10 members from anywhere in the world. Applicants must be based at an academic research organisation, a not-for-profit or government body or a private sector organisation.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 11 October 2018 – Preliminary applications submitted to Sponsor
- 3 January 2019 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review