Applications are invited for these fellowship awards from clinicians with a demonstrated interest in inherited orphan retinal degenerations.
The program will provide funding for post-residency clinical fellowships in inherited orphan retinal degenerations.
The goal of this program is to increase the number of clinician- scientists with expertise and commitment to provide clinical care to patients with inherited orphan retinal degenerations. With this goal in mind, the program is also designed to prepare fellows for careers in academic medicine; providing critical training in an environment that fosters research to develop preventions, treatments, and cures for inherited orphan retinal degenerations.
Funding & Duration
In general, each one-year award will be for a total of USD $65,000 (approx. AUD $90,000). Budgets can be tailored to address the situations of individual recipients.
Clinicians who possess an M.D., D.O., or recognised equivalent foreign degree by the time the fellowship starts and will be eligible for subspecialty board certification at the completion of their training program are eligible to apply.
- Ophthalmology residents or fellows with an interest in inherited orphan retinal degenerations could apply for both a fellowship position and a CRFA in the final year of their residency program.
- Ophthalmology residents or fellows with an interest in inherited orphan retinal degenerations could apply for a CRFA the year before applying for the fellowship position itself, allowing the applicant and institution to know about funding prior to the fellowship application.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 September 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review