The Foundation Fighting Blindness invites letters of intent for its individual investigator research awards. These support research with the greatest potential to move towards treatments and cures for inherited orphan retinal degenerative diseases and dry age-related macular degeneration.
Projects may be submitted in the following research priority areas:
- novel medical therapies;
- gene therapy;
- cell and molecular mechanisms of retinal disease;
- clinical-structure and function;
- regenerative medicine.
Funding & Duration
Awards are worth approximately USD $100,000 (approx. AUD $139,000) per year for a maximum period of three years.
Applicants must hold a doctoral degree and have a faculty position or equivalent.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 12 November 2018 – Letter of Intent (LOI) submitted top Sponsor.
- 18 February 2019 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review