This Grant in Aid Award is open to any individual health care professional or scientist, who will undertake and publish a specific focused research project in respiratory physiology.
Note that these funds are to be used to contribute to equipment, personnel or other running costs incurred in the conduct of research projects. This grant in aid is NOT to be used to fund conference travel or conference attendance.
In most cases, this grant in aid is not meant to provide sole support for the research activities, but instead act as seed money for developing projects (data collection) to the point of attracting additional external funding; or as a top up grant–in-aid to assist with undertaking a currently funded research project (for example: statistical review of a newly completed project, biostatistics, transcription, technical staff support, equipment/consumables).
Funding & Duration
For 2019, there will be 1 x Grant in Aid opportunity valued at $5,000 to assist research in respiratory physiology.
For the purposes of this award, Physiological Research is the use of any methodologies directed towards the elucidation of organ function and its understanding in a precise, quantitative manner.
The grant will be offered to early career researchers (ECR) who:
- Are undertaking advanced training in any health or science discipline relevant to respiratory medicine research or a higher degree in an area directly relevant to respiratory research or,
- Have completed advanced training in any health or science discipline or graduated with a higher degree in an area directly related to respiratory research within the last five (5) years of the closing date for this application.
- Applications from early career researchers need to be supported by a senior investigator with a strong track research record in a related field.
- Applicants must be health professional members of both Lung Foundation Australia and a member of TSANZ.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 14 September 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com
- Contact a Grants Officer