The Career Development Award (CDA) provides research funding to clinical investigators, who have received their initial faculty appointment, as they work to establish an independent clinical cancer research program.
Research must have a patient-oriented focus, including a clinical research study and/or translational research involving human subjects.
Proposals with a predominant focus on in vitro or animal studies (even if clinically relevant) are not allowed.
Funding & Duration
The CDA is a three-year grant totaling USD $200,000 (approx. AUD $282,000) to pay for personnel and/or research expenses, and travel to attend the Conquer Cancer Grants and Awards Ceremony at the ASCO Annual Meeting.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for the Career Development Award:
- Be a physician (MD, DO of international equivalent) working in any country.
- Be in the first to third year of a full-time primary faculty appointment in a clinical department at an academic medical institution at the time of grant submission. Faculty appointment may begin with the entry-level faculty position within the applicant’s institution (i.e., Instructor/Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Assistant Member).
- Have a valid, active medical license in the country where the research will be conducted at the time of application.
- Have completed productive postdoctoral research and demonstrated the ability to undertake independent investigator-initiated clinical research.
- Be an ASCO Member or have submitted a membership application with the grant application.
- See all eligibility criteria.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 18 September 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review