The Muscular Dystrophy Association invites applications for the following Discovery Research Grants.
These support research to accelerate progress towards understanding and treating neuromuscular disease. Projects that may result in new understanding of disease aetiology and pathogenesis in neuromuscular disorders where these are not well understood are welcomed.
- Funding & Duration: Grants are worth USD $100,000 (approx. AUD $141,000) per year, for one to three years.
- Eligibility: Applicants must hold a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D), Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) or equivalent degree (i.e. D.O.) and should be a professional or faculty member at an appropriate educational, medical, corporate or research institution.
- Applicants should be qualified to conduct a programme of original research within their own laboratory. Projects should directly relate to a disease relevant to the association.
- Funding & Duration: Grants are worth USD $16,000 (approx. AUD $82,000) per year, for one to three years.
- Eligibility: Applicants must hold a doctoral degree, be qualified to conduct a programme of original research under the supervision of an independent investigator, and have access to the institutional resources necessary to conduct the proposed research project. Applicants must have a minimum of 18 months of post-degree research laboratory training and be no more than five years from receiving their most recent advanced degree
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 1 December 2018 – Letter of Intent (LOI) submitted to Sponsor
- 24 January 2019 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- Visit the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s Funding Opportunity website