This scheme supports innovative research in the area of machine learning and artificial intelligence. The overall aim is to make the process of training machine learning models more efficient by reducing the amount of labelled data required to build a model by six or more orders of magnitude, and by reducing the amount of data needed to adapt models to new environments.
Proposals may address one or both of the following two technical areas (TAs):
- TA1 will focus on the research and development of learning algorithms that learn and adapt efficiently;
- TA2 will involve formally characterising machine learning problems and proving the limits of learning and adaptation.
Funding & Duration
Multiple awards are anticipated. The level of funding for individual awards has not been predetermined and will depend on the quality of the proposals received and the availability of funds.
The period of performance is 36 months.
All responsible sources capable of satisfying the government’s needs may submit proposals.
Non-US organisations and individuals may participate to the extent that such participants comply with any necessary regulations.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- Applications to be submitted to Research Services for internal review by 19 October 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review