This award supports capacity building and collaboration in population health, enabling groups to unite to deliver impact over and above what they could do alone. In particular, the award aims to:
- boost progress aligned to CRUK’s strategic priorities,
- build new collaborations within and between institutions, nationally and internationally, and
- build capacity in population research.
Applicants must establish a hub across at least three locations creating a new collaboration, support a new research direction for the hub within CRUK strategic priority areas, commit to data sharing and plan for sustainability beyond the lifetime of the award. Collaborating institutions may be international, but the hub should consist of at least one UK-based institution. Established independent researchers, industry researchers, clinicians, health professionals, non-clinical researchers and nurses may apply.
Funding & Duration
The award is worth up to £5M (approx. AUD $9.16M) over a period of five years. Funding is flexible but may cover central coordination, pilot or development studies for innovative and high risk work, recruitment of rising star or senior expert, infrastructure and multidisciplinary research projects.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 22 November 2018 – Expressions of Interest submitted to Sponsor
- 16 May 2019 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review