Microba is a microbial genomics company offering access to cutting edge metagenomic technology to analyse gut microbiome.
Microba is providing $10,000 grants for researchers to access Microba’s metagenomic sequencing and bioinformatics services for human gut microbiome research.
The grant can be used to access Microba’s end-to-end clinical research platform, including:
- Proprietary sampling kit, online portal and logistics capability to streamline patient recruitment;
- High-throughput optimised laboratory sample processing and sequencing workflow;
- Shotgun metagenomic sequencing to identify organism to species resolution and functional metabolic potential;
- Proprietary database of microbial genomes;
- Online questionnaires to easily capture metadata from your study participants;
- Project-specific bioinformatic analysis to deliver publishable results for your project.
- Scientific credibility of the proposed research project
- Impact of the proposed research outcomes
- Potential commercial application of proposed research
- Feasibility of research project
Microba is accepting expressions of interest from researchers at any Australian university, research institute, or company. The project can be partially- or fully-funded by the grant and Microba welcomes proposals for research into all areas of human health and wellness. Please note that Microba currently supports human faecal sample analysis.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 October 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review