The Hypersonic Vehicle Simulation Institute (HVSI) invites white papers and proposals (if requested) for studies in the areas described below.
The HVSI funds and performs a range of hypersonic research tasks in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP). HPCMP desires to improve computational simulations of hypersonic vehicles in support of DoD goals by accelerating the successful development of HPC software and hardware.
The HVSI will be looking to improve computational simulation approaches including numerical methods, modeling approaches, and simulation of a variety of aerothermodynamic and propulsion aspects of hypersonic flight. Specific science and technology areas include turbulence, boundary layer transition, fluid-structure-thermal interactions, non-equilibrium chemistry, ablation, and combustion.
View Funding Guidelines (PDF) for research priorities.
Award ceiling: USD $2.4M (approx. AUD $3.3M)
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 15 October 2018, 4.30pm MT – submit pre-proposal (white paper).
- 20 days after formal request – full applications submitted to Research Services internal review.
- View Funding Guidelines (PDF) for submission contact details.
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review