The Wellcome Trust invites applications for its innovator awards in digital technologies. These support researchers who are transforming great ideas into digital healthcare innovations that could have a significant impact on human health. The project must be innovative, disruptive and address an unmet healthcare need or challenge and it should develop technologies that could result in significant, measurable changes in quality, speed, cost or outcomes.
Priority is given to technologies that:
- advance the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of psychosis;
- accelerate, and reduce the cost of, drug development including target identification, trial design and drug repurposing;
- make urgent and emergency care affordable and scalable in low- and middle-income countries.
Funding & Duration
Grants are worth between GBP £500,000 and £1M (approx. between AUD $917,000 and $1.8M) for up to two years.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 26 November 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review