The Australian Government is inviting organisations via an open process to apply to deliver services under the Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship Program – Fostering Integration Grants from 2018-19 to 2019-20.
The Fostering Integration Grants Program supports migrants to integrate into Australia by:
- encouraging the social and economic participation of migrants by developing skills and cultural competencies to integrate into Australian social, economic and civil life, and build community resilience
- promoting and encouraging the uptake of Australian values and liberal democracy and amplifying the value of Australian citizenship
- addressing issues within Australian communities that show potential for, or early signs of, low social integration
- promoting a greater understanding and tolerance of racial, religious and cultural diversity
Funding & Duration
Fostering Integration Grant applications for a minimum of $10,000 up to a maximum of $50,000 (GST exclusive) for up to 12 months will be considered.
Applications from individuals are not eligible.
To be eligible to apply for a grant, you must be a not-for-profit organisation that is a legally registered entity in Australia and be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous corporation
- Non-corporate state or territory entity
- Corporate state or territory entity
- Local Government entity
- Incorporated association
- Statutory entity
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust (signed Trust Deeds must be provided)
Applications from consortia are acceptable, as long as you have a lead applicant who is solely accountable to the Commonwealth for the delivery of the contract and is eligible as per the eligible entities listed above.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 2 November 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org