Grand Challenges Explorations fosters early-stage discovery research to expand the pipeline of ideas for solving our greatest global health and development challenges.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following topics:
- Increasing Demand for Vaccination Services
- New Approaches for Manufacturing Gut Microbial Biotherapeutics
- Innovation for WASH in Urban Settings
- New Approaches for Strategic Prioritization of Agricultural Development Policies
- Tools and Technologies for Broad-Scale Pest and Disease Surveillance of Crop Plants in Low-Income Countries
- Innovations Driving Programmatic Performance in Immunization: Service Experience and Data Use + Measurement
Funding & Duration
Initial grants will be US $100,000 each (approx. AUD $137,000), and successful projects are eligible to receive follow-on funding of up to US $1M (approx. AUD $1.37M).
Applicants can be at any experience level, in any discipline, and from any organisation, including colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organisations, and for-profit companies.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 7 November 2018
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster using Fund Scheme Code ORG96531
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review