The Progeria Research Foundation invites proposals for its research grants. These support research to find the cause, treatment or cure for Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome.
Funding & Duration
Grants are worth up to USD $75,000 (approx. AUD $103,000) per year for one or two years.
Projects must fall within one of the following research priorities:
- projects that are likely to lead to clinical treatment trials within five years
- development of gene- and cell-based therapies to treat progeria;
- assessment of natural history of disease which may lead to the development of outcome measures in treatment trials.
PIs must hold faculty appointments or equivalent at a tax-exempt institution.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 30 October 2018 – Letter of Intent (LOI) submitted directly to Sponsor
- 8 January 2019 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster using Fund Scheme code FND000015
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review