The Australian Academy of Science (the Academy) invites Australian research organisations and businesses to apply for funding for multi-partner projects and/or non-project aligned, multi-partner workshops under Round 2 of the Regional Collaborations Programme.
This funding initiative is part of the Australian Government’s Global Innovation Strategy under the National Innovation and Science Agenda. The programme will fund Australian participants from eligible organisations to collaborate with regional and international science, research and innovation partners on solutions to shared regional challenges within the Asia–Pacific region.
The programme aims to support the Australian Government’s commitment to:
- assist in the removal of barriers for researchers and businesses seeking to collaborate on issues of regional and national significance
- support technical and research mobility
- build research capability, facilitating Australia’s access to global science and research networks and infrastructure.
Funding & Duration
Funding of up to AUD $1.38M is available for collaborative, multi-partner projects. Projects are expected to commence after 1 April 2019 and must be completed by 31 December 2020.
Funding of up to a total of AUD $250,000 is available for non-project aligned, multi-partner workshops. Up to AUD $100,000 per workshop is available for workshops held between 1 April 2019 and 31 December 2020.
View the following documents for detailed eligibility criteria:
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 23 November 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com