The Field Naturalists Society of South Australia Inc. (FNSSA) established the Lirabenda Endowment Fund (LEF) with the intention of making available research grants to encourage and promote research into the biota and natural environment of South Australia.
The following are general guidelines to provide applicants with information on projects that the Lirabenda Endowment Fund is likely to support:
- Projects that increase knowledge and understanding of native species and their habitats within South Australia.
- Projects relating to management and conservation of South Australian species and their environment.
- Projects that investigate factors relating to declining or threatened species of animals, plants and fungi. Preference is given to species that are endemic to South Australia.
- Projects leading to improved management of species that cause environmental damage in South Australia.
Funding & Duration
Grants of up to AUD $3,000 are available for one year.
If the research proposed is part of a larger study the applicant must describe a project including a portion of the research with a one-year time-frame.
Applications are invited from any person engaged in research that fits the criteria for selection, including from research institutions for supervised project funding at the Honours and Master degree, and PhD levels and for projects conducted by researchers at South Australian Research Institutes.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for internal review by 7 December 2018
- Please note: submission is via email and hard copy
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster using Fund Scheme code ORG96521
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com