The US Agency for International Development invites applications to advance basic education in the Philippines. This seeks to improve basic life skills for children in early school grades in the Philippines, including mathematics, reading and writing Filipino, English and selected mother tongues. The activity must identify innovative and sustainable ideas on how to address the continuing challenges in education for children in the Philippines. The innovations may be piloted as a part of larger activities, or be the main focus of the programme. The project will support the achievement of the following:
- improved early grade instruction and delivery systems;
- improved access to quality materials;
- strengthened department of education capacity.
Funding & Duration
One grant worth USD $35M – $38.5M (approx. AUD $48.8M – $53.7M) is available over five years.
US and non-US organisations may apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 22 October 2018: Concept Paper (Phase 1) – submitted to Research Services for internal review.
- By invitation only:
- Oral Presentation (Phase 2) – approx. 2 weeks after concept papers received.
- Co-Development Workshop (Phase 3).
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review