The US Department of Defense (DoD), under its Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency programme, invites applications for its Microsystems Technology Office (MTO) office-wide call. This seeks revolutionary research ideas for topics not addressed by ongoing MTO programmes or other published solicitations. The call is primarily intended for early stage research that may lead to larger, focused, MTO programmes in the future. There are three target thrust areas:
- electronics – managing Moore’s inflection;
- spectrum – enhancing the DoD’s advantage with agility and autonomy;
- sensors – decentralised sensors for the DoD.
Funding & Duration
Studies are defined as:
- Single phase efforts of short duration, less than 12 months, costing less than USD $1M (approx. AUD $1.4M); or
- Multi-phase efforts, defined as efforts with more than one phase that may span longer than 12 months and that may cost more than USD $1M (approx. AUD $1.4M).
Multiple awards are anticipated.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 26 May 2020, 1:00pm ET – pre-proposal submitted via Grants.gov
- 19 June 2020 – full applications submitted to Research Services for internal review.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review