The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute invites applications for its call on improving methods for conducting patient-centred research. This supports projects addressing gaps in methodological research leading to improvements in the strength and quality of evidence generated by patient-centred outcomes research and comparative effectiveness research. The following themes are prioritised:
- methods related to ethical and human subject protection;
- methods to improve study design;
- methods to support data research networks;
- methods to improve the use of natural language processing.
Funding & Duration
The total available budget is USD $12M (approx. AUD $17M). Each project may receive up to USD $750,000 (approx. AUD $1.06M) over a maximum period of three years.
Any organisation based in any country may apply, as long as there is a demonstrable benefit to the US healthcare system and US efforts in the area of patient-centred research.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 6 November 2018 – Letter of Intent (LOI)
- 5 February 2019 – full applications submitted (by invitation only) for internal review.
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code ORG122961
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review