The PFAS Remediation Research Program (the Program) aims to facilitate the development of innovative technologies to investigate and remediate PFAS (per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances) contaminated media including soil and other solid contaminated debris, groundwater, waterways, and marine systems.
Funding & Duration
Up to $4.8M in total is available to fund a range of research projects. The estimated grant value ranges from $50,000 to $3M.
Eligibility Criteria for Participants
All Chief Investigators, Partner Investigators and Partner Organisations named in the application must satisfy the eligibility outlined in the Grant Guidelines at the scheme specific commencement date and for the duration of the Project.
The following activities are ineligible for funding:
- construction of high temperature incineration facilities (thermal breakdown of PFAS could be included as part of a modular solution to remediating waste streams);
- ecotoxicology capability building;
- detection and monitoring of PFAS, except for validation purposes within a Project;
- Medical Research as defined in the ARC Medical Research Policy available on the ARC website; or
- the same research activities or Project previously funded or currently being funded through any other Commonwealth funding.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 7 February 2019
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster using Fund Scheme code 51715024
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com