The Environmental Research and Education Foundation invites pre-proposals for its sustainable solid waste management grants, including:
- waste minimisation;
- waste conversion to energy, biofuels, chemicals, or other useful products;
- strategies to promote diversion to higher and better uses;
Funding & Duration
Grants are typically in the range of USD $15,000 to USD $500,000 (approx. AUD $21,000 to $702,000) each, with an average amount of USD $160,000 (approx. AUD $225,000), for two years. Cost sharing is encouraged.
Institutions worldwide may apply. Applications are accepted from non-academic institutions as long as PIs are qualified to conduct the research. Submissions may include multiple institutions. PIs should typically be full-time faculty members at academic institutions, postdoctoral employees, or principals or seniors at non-academic institutions.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 23 November 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review