The US Department of Defense, under the Defense Research Projects Agency, invites proposals for its call for offensive swarm-enabled tactics (OFFSET) – swarm sprints 3. This aims to create focused breakthroughs in swarm technologies to be integrated into the OFFSET swarm systems architecture.
The specific topics of interest for this call are:
- the design, development and demonstration of new approaches for human-swarm interactions or new human-swarm interface technologies;
- the innovation and integration of novel swarm tactics of operational relevance for a heterogeneous swarm conducting an urban raid.
Research that primarily results in evolutionary improvements to the existing state of practice is specifically excluded.
Funding & Duration
Up to 15 awards are available, worth up to USD $450,000 (approx. AUD $630,000) each. The duration of each swarm sprint is six months, with an additional three-month option.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- Applications must be submitted to Research Services for internal review by 6 November 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review