Facebook invites applications for its Instagram research awards for social technologies. These support research projects that address the role and impact of social media.
Projects must focus on one of the following themes:
- the effects of social technologies on interpersonal relationships and communities;
- the role of social media in supporting personal development and social ties at different life stages;
- emerging trends in social commerce;
- social media trends in the researcher’s own market, country or city;
- promoting healthy conversation and behaviours in online communities.
Funding & Duration
Awards are worth up to USD $50,000 (approx. AUD $71,000) each for one year.
Both individual researchers and academic or non-profit, non-governmental organisations may apply.
Individual researchers must be full-time faculty at an accredited academic institution that awards research degrees to PhD students.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 9 November 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review