This competition seeks proposals for novel and innovative approaches to developing and evaluating the military utility of a swarm of low-cost, small unmanned air systems operating as a collaborative mission capability. Proposals must deliver a structured flight evaluation of an integrated swarming UAS capability.
Funding & Duration
The total budget is worth £2.5M (approx. AUD $4.6M) to fund one to two proposals for 18 months.
The technology should be at least technology readiness level 3 or 4 at the start of the competition and achieve TRL 6 or 7 by the end of phase 3.
Proposals must respond to the following challenges:
- comprehensive end-to-end systems architecture;
- unmanned air vehicles platforms and sensors;
- mission systems;
- mission management;
- communications and networking;
- resilience, robustness and survivability;
- military tasks;
- evaluation using synthetic environments such as live-virtual trials as a way of de-risking system integration in preparation for live flight trials.
Eligible applicants may have or may not have applied to the first two competition rounds. All types of organisations in the UK or overseas may apply.
There are no nationality restrictions.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 21 November 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review