The Fritz Thyssen Foundation invites applications for grants to support research projects in the humanities, social science, and biomedical fields.
Applications are open within the following areas:
- history, language and culture;
- the interdisciplinary field of image, sound, and language;
- state, economy and society;
- medicine and the natural sciences.
Interdisciplinary projects are also welcome.
Funding & Duration
Grants may last up to three years and cover personnel costs and travel expenses.
Applications may be submitted by a university or other non-profit research institution. Applicants must have completed a doctoral or postdoctoral degree. Young academics can apply for their own post within the framework of a project. The applicant must be actively involved in the research work plan for the project. The project must have a clear connection to the German research system. This connection can be established either at a personal level through German scientists working on the project, at an institutional level through non-German scientists being affiliated to German research institutes or through studies on topics related thematically to German research interests.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 8 February 2019
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review