Boosting Dementia Research Grants will provide financial support for individual researchers, teams of researchers or organisations to undertake research and implementation projects in identified priority areas that will deliver on the NHMRC National Institute for Dementia Research (NNIDR) Strategic Roadmap for Dementia Research and Translation.
Open Calls for Boosting Dementia Research Grants:
- Priority Round 5 – Implementing Dementia Risk Reduction and Prevention Research
- Priority Round 6 – Improving Dementia Data and Methods
Funding & Duration
The total budget for round 5 is $15M. Grants are worth up $2M for up to five years.
The total budget for round 6 is $3M. Grants are available for two years. Funding covers the direct research costs.
Chief investigators must be Australian or New Zealand citizens, permanent residents of Australia or have an appropriate visa in place and must be based in Australia for at least 80 per cent of the funding period. Applicants can apply as a CI on one application per round only.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Minimum data is due by 21 November 2018
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 5 December 2018
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster using Fund Scheme code FND000539
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review