The Nestlé Foundation invites letters of intent for its large research grants. These support research in human nutrition.
The foundation’s work is primarily concerned with issues such as:
- maternal and child nutrition, including breast-feeding and complementary feeding;
- macro- and micronutrient deficiencies and imbalances;
- interactions between infection and nutrition;
- nutrition education and health promotion.
Funding & Duration
Grants are worth up to USD $300,000 (approx. AUD $423,000) over three years.
The Foundation expects research proposals to be primarily the initiative of local researchers from the developing countries. However the Foundation will be inclined to consider favorably those applications jointly made by scientists from developed countries with those from developing countries provided it is clear that the initiative will result in capacity building and human resource development in the latter and the bulk of the budget is spent in the developing country.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
A Letter of Intent (LOI) may be submitted to Sponsor at any time.
- 3 January 2019 (reoccuring) – Full applications (by invitation only) submitted for internal review.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review