The US Department of Defense, via the Armed Forces Pest Management Board, invites pre-proposals for its deployed war fighter protection programme. This supports innovative research designed to develop new interventions for protection of deployed military personnel from diseases caused by arthropod-borne pathogens.
The following areas are of particular interest:
- arthropod bite prevention technology for personal protection;
- vector control application technology;
- new active ingredients and formulations of public health pesticides.
Improvements should take into account user acceptability, portability, cost effectiveness, sustainability, labour requirements, system compatibility and entomological efficacy.
Funding & Duration
Applicants may request up to USD $300,000 (approx. AUD $423,000) per year, for up to three years.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
All responsible sources capable of satisfying the project requirements are eligible to submit a proposal.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 30 November 2018 – pre-proposal submitted to Sponsor
- 30 January 2019 – full applications (by invitation only) submitted to Research Services internal review.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review