Alzheimer’s Research UK and the Dementia Consortium invite applications for their dementia consortium funding. This supports research projects that aim to provide validation of targets for the treatment of dementia or explore the tractability of the target for drug discovery. Projects are collaborative in nature, with involvement from the consortium members in devising the final project plan. Projects are sought that focus on novel molecular targets in neurodegenerative diseases, including the following:
- dementia with Lewy bodies;
- vascular dementia;
- amyotrophic lateral scelrosis;
- frontotemporal dementia;
Funding & Duration
Grants are worth between GBP £100,000 and £250,000 (approx. AUD $180,000 and $452,000) each over two to three years. A maximum of GBP £500,000 (approx. AUD $904,000) may be awarded in exceptional cases.
Scientists at academic institutions worldwide may apply. They must have strong biology expertise and access to enabling assays, reagents and disease models, but previous experience in drug discovery is not required, nor is an in-house capability for carrying out drug development.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 23 January 2019
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review